- Experience with aligning an engineering team to business goals and driving delivery.
- A passion for mentorship and building your team through training and hiring.
- You want to stay close to the codebase and have the ability to switch between thinking big picture and collaborating on individual features with the team.
- Collaborate with leads of other teams including Product Management, Product Design, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, other engineering groups, and key product stakeholders.
- A recent history of working closely with code and system architecture.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Engineering skills. We expect Software Engineering Managers to be capable of operating as a Senior Engineer, so you'll have spent a number of years in this field building and shipping code working on all areas of the web stack.
- Experience working on a cloud based platform in a regulated environment or medical device is a plus!
- Management experience. You've been around the block more than a couple times, and have personally managed teams of 5 or more engineers.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.