Software Engineering Manager
What We Need
Kareo is looking for a hands-on, tenacious and inspirational Software Engineering Manager who has experience managing a high performing software engineering team. A successful manager at Kareo will be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership skills by ensuring the team is making reasonable commitments while refining the team’s day to day processes and focus areas to continuously improve the team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
Your Area of Focus
- Provide leadership to enable a highly effective engineering team
- Ensure all code written is high-quality, extensible, scalable, maintainable
- Timely and audience - appropriate communication of technical and project information
- Proactively identify and solve problems and remove blockers for self and team
- Coaching and managing career growth of engineers
- Write, review, and test code - 60-70% time
Your Professional Qualifications
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of technical leadership experience
- Ability to ladder up engineering work to customer benefit
- Ability to partner with product and design leads to define and execute successful outcomes together.
- Transparent with leadership about challenges and communicating roadblocks/delays early
- Experience in leading software development teams in an agile environment through multiple successful product and technical releases
- Ability to manage multiple projects and schedules to coordinate successful/timely releases and achieve quality objectives
- Proven experience in the architecture, development, build, test, release, and maintenance of performant, scalable, and reliable products and technology
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Deep passion and understanding of best practices including CI/CD, clean code, TDD, etc.
- Professional experience developing distributed database-driven web-based applications with Java and the Spring framework, C#/.NET, or equivalent
- Passionate - Be Passionately Driven: We take pride in our work, inspire others to excel, and are dedicated to solving tough problems in healthcare. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. And we work with urgency because what we do matters.
- Customer-Focused - Dedicated to Customer Success: Helping our customers succeed directs every action we take. We’re committed to helping their practices run smoother so their patients can thrive. We are solution-oriented and aligned with their needs.
- Collaborative - Together We’re Better: Great teams are collaborative, selfless, hardworking, and dedicated. We are willing to do what it takes to get the job done so we can accomplish more together.
- Growing - Constant Growth: We strive to have a growth mindset in all we do. We reject the status quo. We take a unique approach and make every effort to bring clarity to a needlessly complex industry. We are creative problem solvers that believe in making things better.
Kareo is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.