You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions. You are someone who finds passion in the craft, someone constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems. You have a passion for producing the highest quality code as well as leading others to do the same. You are someone who either has built or is passionate about building scalable, reliable systems that span multiple data centers around the world and handle millions of requests every day.
You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software developers. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about agile development process and technology career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems of scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- A deep understanding of web technologies
- Strong knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems.