We build the digital experiences that elevate physical office space
HqO has momentum and is looking to add the right talent to our strong, skilled team. We’re a smart, mobile, early-stage company with an entrepreneurial culture and you can have a direct impact on the future of our business, starting now.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will be involved throughout the engineering and operation of the HqO product suite, executing on B2C and B2B roadmaps while scaling through our platform evolution. Reporting to a Director of Engineering, you will manage teams of engineers plus offshore contractors in close collaboration with Product Management ensuring cross-team transparency, communication, and effectiveness.
- Manage, motivate, and mentor local engineers and offshore contractors to maximize delivery velocity and quality.
- Lead your team in solving challenging problems drawing on your years of technical expertise.
- Assist in release and deployment events, helping to ensure the best possible customer experience when the rubber meets the road.
- Track objectives, dependencies, status, and results of your team while leading by example to facilitate aspects of our Agile/Scrum development process
- Intimately involved in the hiring and onboarding process for new engineers
- Giving feedback to team members regularly, working with Engineers on career development plans, and driving a regularly conducted employee review process
- Experience managing software development teams and is responsible for driving delivery.
- Fully versed in Agile/Scrum development processes and principles and you’ve lived its life cycle from requirements through post-deployment.
- A passion for growing talent and have focused on team building, motivating, mentoring, goal setting, and career planning.
- A desire to build recruiting programs and the proactive attitude to be involved in our hiring processes
- Active engagement in projects, meetups, or other activities designed to maintain your skills.
- You have simplified and streamlined in a complex setting; your passions for execution excellence have made an impact.
- Experience working with CI/CD.
- Experience with mobile security and location services.
- Experience building software in commercial real estate.