Who we are
It’s simple. We do business differently, by empowering our team to create fresh ideas which impact lives everywhere. We don’t just dream it; we do it every day at Axxess, we bring life-changing technology to healthcare impacting the way people work, learn and grow their business. Our edge does not come from our technology, it comes from our people. We work as one team with a common goal to create shared success benefiting everyone.
What we are looking for
We are looking to add a dynamic and driven Software Engineering Manager to lead, mentor and manage multiple agile teams comprised of software engineers, team leads and product managers. This position will be based out of our Dallas, Texas office.
What will you do at Axxess?
- Manage in an agile scrum environment and lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects, providing solutions
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology projects to provide web, mobile and integration solutions
- Manage application/software development; work with teams on challenging architectural problems to deliver innovative, high quality products on a foundationof engineering excellence
- Develop a best in class scalable SaaS solution, leveraging the Cloud
- Provide architectural guidance; prioritize issues and lead the charge on challenging bugs, when needed
- Engage with key leaders to drive the vision and overall priorities to deliver quality products
- Communicate and translate vision/strategy to the team executing on functional and business goals for the team
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver high quality SaaS products
- Responsible for the delivery of superb products and systems; making certain excellent code is shipped, strive for engineering excellence and supported by teams that are building, testing and deploying leading edge solutions
- Drive the full software development life-cycle, set strategy and allocate appropriate resources to maximize ROI
- Prioritize workload, shift attention when priorities change and advocate when workload should not change
What you bring?
- 4-year degree in computer science (6+ years if no University degree)
- 4+ years of combined experience in software engineering leadership; managing, architecting and deploying SaaS applications in a cloud-based infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience utilizing agile development and scrum methodologies
- Scrum Master a plus (NOT required)
- 1-3 years of experience building consumer web and mobile software solutions
- 2-4 years of people management with demonstrated experience in building and motivating large teams
- An understanding of security issues facing SaaS platforms and effective mitigation
- Solid technical background with experience in building next generation architectures and solutions
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, influential skills and technical leadership
- Ability to take part in code reviews, drive architecture, engage in design discussions and final solution selection
- Strong record in building high performing organizations through people development and empowered teams
- Experience with SaaS technologies and a track record of delivering high quality products
- Excel at leading, managing, and building high functioning teams; and leading front-line technical contributors
- Ability to foster alignment of values, missions, and operational best practices
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
What will you experience?
- Casual Friday, Everyday
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Professional Development for Career Growth
- Free Catered Lunch
- 20 PTO (Paid-Time-Off) Days + Holidays + Birthday’s off
- Holiday and Employee Celebrations
- Full Benefit Selection, including matching 401k
- Free onsite employee gym
- Genuine respect for work-life integration
- Respect and Collaborative team environment
We offer a competitive compensation package (DOE), full benefit selection, matching 401k and growth opportunities for everyone who joins Axxess. Axxess is an EOE and drug free workplace. All applicants must be authorized to work in and currently reside in the United States.