Tektronix is a place where people are challenged to explore the boundaries of what’s possible, bringing the digital future one step closer every day. Our work accelerates technological breakthroughs that are revolutionizing culture and industry worldwide. Through precision-engineered measurement solutions, we work with our customers to eliminate the barriers between inspiration and realization of world-changing technologies. Realize your true potential at Tektronix – join us in revolutioneering a better tomorrow.
: The Wideband Solutions Business Unit is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our team. We are looking for a passionate leader to inspire and develop a team of Software Engineers, responsible for Firmware development. The individual selected will be a positive influencer and change agent, communicate an inspiring vision, provide technical expertise, and foster leadership to the development of solutions to meet our customer needs.
- Lead a team of 5-7 Software Engineers in designing products that meet customer requirements within a defined program schedule.
- Participate in architecture, coding and code reviews, as well as participate in key decision making related to development, architecture and implementations.
- Own and drive the Agile software development process adoption through program management and quality functions, to deliver superior business results through a consistent stream of on time, high quality software releases and products that meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with leadership team to ensure product development investments and execution is consistent with the organization's strategic direction.
- Champion continuous improvement for your team and set priorities to remove obstacles that enable your staff to operate efficiently and reach its full potential.
- Lead the Software Engineering team to collaborate closely with other cross functional teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Communicate sight for team members by ensuring a common understanding of the organization’s goals and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent, with 10+ years of experience in Software Development. Or, Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent, with 6+ years of experience in software development/management.
- 2+ years of leading a team of software/Firmware engineers
- Experience in Agile development and Continuous Integration process
- Proficient in C/C++ language and object-oriented programming.
- Intricate understanding of the design of multi-threaded real-time and embedded software
- Working knowledge of design tradeoffs between HW and SW
- Experience with Linux and bare metal application development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Strong customer focus and experience leading program management or quality functions within a high-tech company.
- Experience with embedded Linux driver development
- Contributions to Free and Open Source Software
- Advanced math or Digital Signal Processing (DSP) skills
- Experience with Windows or Mac/iOS application development
- Experience in the Test & Measurement Industry
Due to US Department of Commerce export control regulations governing technical data of Tektronix products, Tektronix needs to know the citizenship of all its employees. Note that US Citizenship is not required for most positions. Hired candidates will be asked to bring proof of citizenship (passport, birth certificate, green card, visa or similar) on their first day of work. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check. Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities