Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
CTO group is involved in Strategic Technology development that drives differentiation across KT Product lines. The group is involved in both organic technology development and joint development with technology suppliers. The objectives of this group are directly tied to the innovation and technology differentiation goals of KLA-Tencor corporation.
KLA-Tencor has an opportunity for a hands-on Software Engineering Manager in the CTO office to investigate Software technologies or development methodologies that would improve the competitive edge of KLA-Tencor products and work out the technology or methodology adoption into individual software development teams. Primary responsibilities:
- Interact and acquire understandings of improvement needs in KLA-Tencor software development teams
- Analyze improvements in competitive edge of using a software technology or methodologies in KLA-Tencor products
- Collaborate with development teams during investigation of software technologies or methodologies to validate the feasibility and suitability of the technologies or methodologies in KLA-Tencor products
- Develop Knowledge base and document best known methods/practices of applying a software technology or methodology
- Carry out necessary activities to ensure technology or methodology transfer into development teams would be successful
- Support annual strategic planning process to drive future direction
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent and 10+ years of software product development experience
- Thorough knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and software engineering
- Thorough knowledge in Software architecture, design patterns, and OOAD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong in programming fundamentals, C++, C#/.Net and Java
- Experience in Human Interface development technologies
- Experience in MEAN stack development technologies
- Knowledge of CMM or other process models
- Experience with Big Data Machine Learning
- Knowledge in mobile device development
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 10 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Job Opening ID: 115770