Software Engineering Manager, Connect
at Udacity (View all jobs)San Francisco
Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtualreality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for someone to lead our Connect Engineering team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
- Work with an amazing cross functional team building Udacity Connect.
- Create, execute and communicate strategic direction
- Contribute to the team's technical roadmap and vision
- Plan, own and execute technical projects
- Make Udacity the best working experience any one person on your team has ever had.
- Mentor Engineers to help them grow their careers
- Experiment with different ways to help students learn by using and creating cutting-edge technology
- 3 years relevant work experience, including Tech Lead or Manager responsibilities including 3 years leading a team that delivered on customer needs
- Passionate about education
- Empathy for students
- Experience building reliable, maintainable, and scalable systems and products
- Experience with large scale distributed systems in a public cloud
- Expertise with front ends, data layers, and protocols
- Thrive in a polyglot development environment
- A motivated individual who enjoys finding creative solutions to new problems