About the Organization:
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries.
Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices. PositionSoftware Engineering Manager (CCC) Description
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for leadership of the software engineering team through new product development and sustainging engineering activities.
- Responsible for the over all management of the software engineering department, including resource allocation and administrative aspects
- Provide architectural direction and technical guidance for software product development
- Establish standards and processes within the software group to ensure quality end products
- Provide time estimates and risk assessments for new product proposals
- Support conceptual design for new product development
- Act as software engineering subject matter expert for internal and external customer interactions
- Encourage coordination between internal departments including other engineering disciplines and manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years Software Engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years of direct Supervisory experience of 5 or more software engineers.
Req Number ENG-18-00069.