We’re looking for a software leader to design and deliver the next generation mobile IoT platform and application suite to make a real impact on an essential part of the economy and people’s lives. The software manager will join an elite and rapidly growing team of mobile IoT experts in the newly formed Digital Business Unit within ConMet. The position offers the opportunity to grow and advance with the business unit from its early stages. The Software Engineering Manager is a blended position between management and software development engineering:
- Leadership: the manager reports to the GM of the Digital Business Unit and provides leadership for all software development activities for on-and off-shore development teams.
- Software Engineering: the developer performs end-to-end design, programming, and testing work related to the implementation, enhancement, and support of the ConMet IoT platform and applications.
This role may be remotely based but relocation to the team in Vancouver, WA is preferred.
The Software Engineering Manager will:
- Manage and execute software and system development across all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Developing and design front and back-end architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of the platform and associated applications.
- Hands-on responsibility for designing and developing major software modules for the Rivata Cloud platform.
- Identify opportunities to re-engineer/integrate existing platform and processes.
- Translate development requirements and specifications into high quality, efficient solutions in compliance with established standards, procedures, and work processes.
- Stays abreast of developments in web/mobile applications and programming languages.
- Promote good coding practices and conduct code reviews for your team members.
We're looking for candidates with:
- Minimum 4+ years in a lead or manager role for a software development team.
- Minimum 4 years proven experience as a full stack developer or similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant technical degree, or equivalent experience.
- AWS Certified Developer, preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with server-side frameworks/languages (specifically Java, Python, and NodeJS), or equivalent skills.
- Minimum 3+ yrs. of experience or equivalent skills with FE frameworks (AngularJS, React.js).
- Experience with design and construction of REST API’s.
- Minimum 3+ yrs. of experience or equivalent skills with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies such as AWS RDS, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Proficient in horizontally scalable software design for high volume high uptime environments.
- Containerization with Docker, and related orchestration tools.
- Virtual Machine experience.
- Any experience on BI tools is a plus.
- Understanding of Cloud Native applications and fundamentals around building them.
- Participated in the Scrum based Agile development methodology.
- Mobile IoT application experience a plus.
Who Is ConMet?
ConMet is a leading global manufacturer of wheel hub assemblies, interior and exterior plastics, and aluminum casting components for the commercial vehicle industry. With innovative products, such as PreSet Plus® SmartHub, and PreSet Plus® Electric Hub, ConMet is the undisputed leader in the development of lightweight, high performance products for the heavy-duty truck and trailer industry.