Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill multiple Manager Level 2 Software Engineering positions in the Engineering, Space, & Technology (ES&T) function for our Space Park location. This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance within various program.
- Technical contributor or manager in a program role
- Functional oversight for a team of software engineers of varied disciplines
- Staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs.
- Recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for contractors working in the business area as required.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading virtually as a part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years related software experience
- Current NGMS employee supporting a Space Park program
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen with DoD Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI and Special Access Clearance
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty.
- Active TS/SCI and Special Access Clearances