We challenge ourselves to be the best - through our hunger for technical and personal growth while creating world-class software. We are lifelong students and teachers, always learning from and evolving ourselves and the people, processes, and technology around us. If this culture sounds interesting – we would love to talk to you about joining our team!
What you'll bring
What We're Looking for In a Leader
- Passionate about growing people and teams.
- Clearly articulates and drives the team mission.
- Acts as a thought leader, translating business needs into technical requirements and oversees the implementation of associated solutions.
- Able to act as an ambassador within and outside of engineering across the company.
- Values and relentlessly drives objective decision making.
- Maintains exceptionally high integrity and intellectual honesty.
- Passion to use your skills to solve real and hard problems.
- Ready to 'step outside' your role to help teammates.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Can get into the weeds and work with your team leads and architects to drive technical decisions when necessary, and is comfortable taking a back seat and facilitating to arrive at the optimal decision. Understands how to distinguish between these two scenarios AND when to make that switch.
- Have a strong philosophy regarding operational excellence as it relates to predictable, efficient software delivery (Agile Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
Key Experience and Skills you should have
- 2+ years working with engineering teams in the capacity of a Lead role.
- 6+ years of "hands-on" experience developing enterprise level applications
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience.
- Good understanding of and experience working with web-based technologies, understands how the full stack works.
- Mastery level understanding of the software development lifecycle and knows how to run a team to drive it efficiently.
- Good understanding of databases, server-side technologies and frameworks, and application servers.
- Kubernetes/ AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambda, ALB, etc.) preferred.