$100K — $150K *
To get the best candidateexperience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
The primary focus of this position is to design and develop software for our database group working on powering all of Tableau's products. This is one of the most complex technical challenges in Tableau. As a Database Software Engineer you will be challenged to leverage creativity and experience to create new products that extend customers' ability to see, understand, and "reach out and touch" their large data sets in real time. This position will provide many interesting, hard-core technical challenges and as much responsibility as you can handle.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
You will be responsible for the development and deployment of systems level software in the visual analytics and collaborative data analysis space. Specific responsibilities include:
- Help design, implement and deploy features in our data platform to be used across our suite of analytic products
- Drive the evolution of the database system architecture
- Work on the future of the build, automated test and deployment infrastructure for a modern distributed database
- Write reliable and well tested code with an emphasis on code quality
- Focus on security throughout the development process as Trust is Salesforce's #1 value
- Work with customers and support to resolve bugs and support issues
- Review and provide detailed feedback on documentation and test plans for features
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of C++ and experience implementing large-scale C++ systems
- Experience with modern cloud deployment, testing and monitoring solutions
- 5+ years developing software with a strong focus on design skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver packaged software solutions to customers
- Ability to work well independently, and as part of a team
- Familiarity with securityprocesses, tools and development practices
- Education: BSCS or equivalent
- Experience with modern scriptinglanguages such as Ruby and Python is a plus
Who you are...
- Data Rock Star - Analytical, data savvy, and creative.
- Software Engineer - You've worked as a Software Engineer and Engineering Manager before and breathe the software development life cycle.
- Quality Driven - Dedicated to delivering services with exceptional quality and service level guarantees.
- Excellent Communicator - You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Team Player - Eager to work with others as one team instead of being a team of one.
- Execution Oriented - You know it is important to get things done in a complete manner.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau and Salesforce hire company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
Valid through: 4/25/2021