To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Job Details What you'll be doing...
We are looking to expand our newly formed core C++ team to take ownership of some of the platform code that is at the heart of Tableau's analytical capabilities. You will play a key role in establishing best practices and building a set of libraries and functionality that will be used by all teams building new services in a robust, scalable and secure manner. The libraries will include capabilities across security / encryption, threading, networking, crash dump support etc. and will enable Tableau to achieve increasingly higher levels of availability, performance and reliability across our products. Your work will directly improve the customer experience and the value of Tableau's brand for our growing cloud-based Analytics community in Tableau Online and Public.Some of the things you'll be doing include ...
Who you are...
- Monitor availability, performance and reliability for the core C++ platform APIs
- Participate and lead troubleshooting issues in technically challenging C++ code using centralized logs, post-mortem debugging, diagnostic tools and other techniques.
- Work with your team and cross-team to define and implement APIs that provide teams with a consistent way of accessing platform capabilities
- Coach, mentor and grow your team towards career goals and towards increasingly higher standards of engineering and operational excellence.
- Educated. You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experienced. You have 5+ years of software development experience in C++ and a solid track record of shipping software to both on-premises and cloud-hosted environments. Prior experience working in a platform team is a plus. You are experienced with Agile development methods and modern DevOps practices for supporting high-scale, highly available services.
- Technical. You have strong experience with C++ and you are comfortable with technical deep dives into code, networking, operating systems, infrastructure and storage. Familiarity with both Windows and Linux is a plus as is experience with other OO languages such as Java or C#.
- Strong Communicator. You distill complex technical information down to the key elements and communicate effectively across disciplines and to various levels of an organization.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You are not satisfied by the status quo and inspire your team to continuously improve the quality of our code, systems and engineering practices. You ensure your team consistently delivers pragmatic solutions that drive towards a clear technical and operational strategy.
- A Team Builder. You have the experience to identify and develop strong talent. You build effective teams with a culture of curiosity, collaboration, customer empathy and focus on results.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.