Organizational Level 1 : Amdocs Global Business
Organizational Level 2 : Amdocs Americas
Manager : Sreeni Yerva
Talent Acquisition: Spencer McGillicuddy
Required Travel : No Travel
Open to Relocation : Domestic relocation only
Referral Bonus Reward Amount* : $750.00
* In case this job is open for Amdocs employees only "Refer Friend to Job" option is disabled
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobilefinancial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Overall responsibility for development and maintenance of unit projects. Build, lead, and direct unit strategy to achieve business goals
What will your job look like?
- You will establish the vision, strategy and direction in line with the software engineering unit strategy and investment direction; you will help build a progressive environment that embraces change and perceives challenges as opportunities.
- You will manage a large group of people (30-50) and create an engaging environment; set individual goals, performance and growth for the unit management team.
- You will establish learning and innovation culture for constantly improvement of software engineering processes and programs.
- You will maintain overall view of the projects handled by the unit and manage project priorities; you will proactively perform deep dive for critical points and major milestones.
- You will oversee unit wide quality metrics, best practices and coding patterns; you will provide deep expertise for the engineering strategy and implementation.
- You will work jointly with product managers on product roadmap and add value to customer business
All you need is...
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - information technology, management information systems, software engineering, and networking
- Minimum 10 years of experience in SW Engineering , out of which there is a minimum of 5 years of experience leading multiple development groups through software development cycles
- Proven experience of software development methodologies, principles, procedures, software management, and support tools and services
- Experience with global IT companies is an added advantage.
Why you will love this job:
- You will have overall responsibility and authority for development and maintenance of unit projects
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring large group of development teams & projects
- You will develop business relationship with multiple interfaces
- You will join a strong team with lots of activities, technologies, business challenges and a progression path
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies