We are seeking an experienced and collaborative software engineering director to lead development of Nike’s Digital Product Creation systems and applications.
This role will be the senior technical voice at the leadership table for multiple strategic projects. Combining both business acumen and technical depth, this role will plan engineering capacity, build teams, manage third party engagements, and lead a software engineering organization to innovate and deliver business value.
The successful candidate is an inclusive and data-driven leader with a history of inspiring multiple scrum teams and is a champion for DevOps, automated testing, and continuous deployment.
Drawing from your software engineering background and distributed cloud systems expertise, you will drive engineering excellence as well as best practices for data-intensive applications and scalable architectures.
• 10+ years software engineering experience
• 3+ years in a leadership role with direct reports, including other managers
• 2+ years leading DevOps teams that include development, QA, and operations skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and business-facing
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple senior stakeholders
• Solid computer science fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures
• Fluent in modern software architectural principles and patterns (REST, domain-driven design, microservices, etc)
• Experience with distributed cloud systems tech (Java, node.js, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, or Google Cloud/Azure equivalents)
• Continuous Integration and automated testing experience, Continuous Deployment is a major plus
• Experience developing, monitoring, and supporting highly available, data-intensive microservices and applications
• Successfully implemented Scrum and agile planning within a large portfolio with many scrum teams and dependencies
• Analytics, data science, or scientific research domain experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Ability to pass a seven year background investigation