Role: Director, Software Engineering
“Join our product development team to provide thought leadership and innovation within our Fraud Application group. This role provides the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our business, work closely with customers, sales, professional services, and product management to architect, design and develop a highly feature rich product.” – VP, Software Engineering.
What You’ll Contribute
- Manage a team of software engineers working on designing and developing world-class enterprise-level solutions.
- Leverage, synthesize and integrate work from team members. Demonstrate ability to provide technical advice, coaching, and direction to developers.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to attract talent, set goals, measure and reward performance.
- Demonstrate technical expertise through publication, presentations, white papers and event participation.
- Drive technical discussions and serve as a source of technical expertise for the team members.
- Evaluate stability, compatibility, scalability, interoperability, and performance of the software products.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team within an Agile/Scrum environment to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity
- Achieve expert-level knowledge of our product architecture and implementation.
- Ensure team members follow disciplined software development methodology, guidelines and standards.
- Provide technical direction to the team, removing roadblocks and resolving issues that are impacting delivery
- Collaborate with other teams, including QA, Product Managers and Product Support to release software with predicable milestones.
- Partner with Account facing team (Production Managers, Client Partners, Product Managers) in developing healthy client relationships.
What We’re Seeking
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or related disciplines, or relevant experience in managing software design, development and testing.
- Strong people management experience with the proven ability to manage a high performing team.
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and programming.
- Experience in writing product specifications and documenting product features to present them to a wider audience. Produce and maintain product demos.
- Ability to articulate the design with architects and discuss strategy/requirements with teams.
- Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environments.
- Working knowledge of Elasticsearch, RDBMS & NO-SQL e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Couchbase, JMS, micro Services, Kubernetes
- Familiarity of automated testing frameworks.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software on schedule.
- A passion for technology and interest in applying that passion in a focused way.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts effectively – especially with remote team members.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidence to operate with credibility at all levels of both the internal organization and client.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Domain knowledge in Financial Services or Fraud management
- Working in a geographically distributed enterprise environment developing complex, interconnected systems
- Amazon Web Services: S3, EC2, cloudformation, kinesis, lambda
- Web Services, JMS
- Container based microservice architectures
- Experience in use of Atlassian JIRA, git & current tools
Our Offer to You
- A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
- The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
- Highly competitive compensation and rewards.
- Flexible work options, opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues and a comprehensive benefits program inclusive of progressive parental leave.