$80K — $100K *
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers.
Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you?
Your invitation to a bright future! Lockheed Martin Space is not just about satellites... the Strategic & Missile Defense business area offers growing opportunities to work programs focused on the protection of our nation and allies from a multitude of threats. Our exciting programs are dynamic in nature and often times focus on significant geo-political trends.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
What does this role look like?
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? The Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities in the FBM Information Systems (IS) Applications group to get in on the ground floor of a modernization effort that will shape the future of the organization. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Program (SSP) partners to field several future strategic systems applications that the nation urgently needs.
The FBM IS Software Engineering Associate Manager Responsibilities will include:
- Management for a 8 to 15 person team.
- Manage personnel resources to support financial plans.
- Build and maintain a staffing plan, coordinate forecasts with the LOB, recruit and hire to develop the proper skill level and diversity mix.
- Focus on providing guidance to staff members to meet critical schedules and resolve critical/complex
technical or operational problems.
- Perform administrative management duties for software staff. This includes timecard approval (timekeeping/overtime authorization), compliance training, promotions, job actions, performance
reviews, awards, and terminations.
- Own, execute, and status department level initiatives.
- Change agent in responsible area with focus on continuous improvement, advancing technical capabilities and innovation.
To be successful, you need to possess these basic qualifications:
• Software development experience including requirements analysis, design, coding, test planning, unit-testing, etc.
• Experience as a technical leader working on complex technical systems
• Agile methodologies, processes and practices in the full lifecycle of software development
• Demonstrated capability to proactively work through difficult technical, project and/or resource challenges
• Strong business acumen and whole systems thinking
• Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence and communicate at all management levels and customer organizations
• Must be a US Citizen, and be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance, to support this government contract.
It is desired that the candidate has experience with one or more skills below:
• Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and/or Oracle Forms/Reports
• Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Pipeline development
• Basis of Estimate (BOE) Development
• Java, .Net Core, and/or Angular Software Development
• RESTful microservices
Valid through: 4/28/2021