Come work for a Top Employer in Colorado and help save lives!
Who We Are: ZOLL is a leader in emergency software for medics, firefighters, and other lifesavers. We have the resources and stability of a large company, but the nimbleness, ambition, and determination of a startup, because we used to be one.
Perks & Benefits: ZOLL provides a casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a compensation structure that rewards contribution and hard work. Additionally we have stocked kitchens, free daily organic fruit delivery, on-site fitness center, on-site cafe, dry cleaning service and much more! Our full benefits package includes 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, flex spending accounts and STD/LTD.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to create customer-facing SaaS applications for Emergency Services within a cross-functional team. The ideal candidate will be skilled with user interfaces and comfortable working in the business layers down to the database. You will be actively involved in the direction of the product's development by engaging with your team and iterating to a result that demonstrates quality, maintainability and which effectively scales. You will work through the entire product lifecycle and will possess an in-depth understanding of industry best practices and emerging technologies.
- Work with the product owner, stakeholders, UX, QA and other engineers to create effective solutions
- Participate in all aspects of product delivery, including discovery, planning, code reviews, and testing
- Work with the development team to create a user-friendly, web-based application to support business intelligence functions
- Provide feedback and recommendations for improvements to features, functionality, architecture, design, and performance
- Gather functional & technical requirements from stakeholders and technical users in order to help plan releases and updates
- Develop and evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, performs optimally, scales, and is consistent with industry best practices
- Collaboratively participate in team meetings and agile ceremonies
- Coordinate development team activities and ensure that assignments are delivered on schedule and in accordance with quality standards
- Implement test plans and/or unit tests
- Follow engineering best practices in a team environment to develop high-quality products
- Utilize organizational process control systems
- Drive design decisions and win buy in from key stakeholders on technical direction for the product
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in a professional software development environment
- 5+ years of experience with C#, Microsoft SQL Server
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale, highly available distributed systems
- 3+ years of experience in an Agile Scrum environment
- 3+ years of architectural or tech lead experience, preferably in a professional SaaS application development environment
- Experience developing with NoSQL and Document DBs
- Experience developing in a cloud platform (Amazon AWS, Azure)
- Web application development experience using React
- Integration/Architecture patterns background: Microservices, SOA, Message Queuing, Service Bus, APIs, REST, Web Services
- Experience writing and maintaining automated integration and unit tests (CI/CD, Integration & Acceptance Testing)
- Experience developing applications with Couchbase
- Experience designing software for Health Care companies.