Working with a small team of very talented engineers, designers, and operators, you’ll play an important role building an incredibly unique, local marketplace. We’re a small company and a tight-knit team working on problems no other business has solved. Everyone on the team is mission-critical. Here are some of the things we'll want you to work on:
- Building features that small business owners and homeowners rely on daily to get real jobs done. There are so many interesting problems to solve around building and maintaining trust, creating efficiencies for different kinds of small, local businesses, creating transparency in the market – the list goes on and on.
- Collaborating with our designers to understand our users and guide product decisions. Ultimately, every one of our users will interact with code you’ve written, so we hope you care deeply about their experience.
- Improving our codebase. Our team constantly strives to be more and more intentional about writing clean, maintainable code that we can be proud of. We strive to be good at both giving and receiving code review.
- Helping to keep big projects on track without a lot of day-to-day intervention from managers. We’re looking for engineers who take a holistic view of what they’re working on and are more than just ticket-takers.
- You have at least two years of professional experience working with a team on a web app with real users. (You have reviewed other people’s code and have had your code reviewed by others as a part of this experience.)
- You’re a life-long learner and a student of your craft – both teachable and eager to teach in order to improve our team.
- You have the skills you need to be a happy and successful remote team member, or you happen to live in the Kansas City area and want to work out of our office. Our product team is roughly 50% remote, so both of these options are totally fine. (We try to bring the remote team members to town about four times a year -- when it's safe to travel again.)