Software Engineer: CPU and Memory Hierarchy
- Job Number: 38086445
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Aug. 11, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Low-level software engineer to develop test code to drive the CPUs, the caches, the fabric, the memory controller, and the coherency point with the goal of finding bugs.
- Experience with low-level CPU code interacting with the MMU and dealing with load/store units.
- Experience with finding bugs in SoC designs and implementations
- Deep understanding of CPUs, and memory hierarchy
- Assembly language knowledge is a must
- Skilled and interested in validation and debugging
- Ability to work well on a team, but to be responsible and self-driven.
Work closely with designers and architects to understand the architectural and operational details of the various functional blocks Write directed and random tests to push the blocks to their limits Integrate these tests into an existing test framework Use these tests, other tests, and this framework to find issues pre-silicon, and post-silicon Debug issues pre-silicon or post-silicon using this test framework