All Software Engineer Levels must be able to work independently, and maintain a good balance between work quality and productivity.
The complexity and breadth (module level, subsystem level, application level) of tasks assigned will expand as a Software Engineer advances from level to level. An Associate Software Engineer will be assigned basic to intermediate level tasks and be provided with a high level of supervision while a Senior Software Engineer will be given advanced level tasks, be required to work independently and be expected to mentor more junior members on their team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current and recent past Visual Studio development environments.
- Design and development experience in C#.
- Must have understanding of client-server, n-tier, and object-oriented programming techniques.
- Specific positions will require ASP.NET development experience including familiarity with JQuery, MVC, and use of Entity Framework.
- Must be familiar with TFS.
- Design and implementation experience with current and recent past versions of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must have strong SQL skills, with TSQL preferred.
- Must be experienced with stored procedure development.
- Experience with SSAS.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast moving environment
- Must be self-motivated, goal oriented, and readily accept ownership of assigned tasks.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows solutions development.
- Experience in C# development.
- Experience in Web development environment using Microsoft Technologies (specific positions).
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- MCSD Certification is a plus.