Berkley Technology Services (BTS) is a dynamic company committed to providing world class IT services. We offer a unique culture, enabling our team members to be on the cutting edge of technology while delivering high quality solutions. We are looking for outstanding individuals who will bring unique perspectives, insight and innovation to our teams. BTS, a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, has facilities located in Des Moines, Iowa and Wilmington, Delaware. Our functions include working with various third parties to develop, integrate, and support insurance systems of WRBC's operating units. BTS strives to provide these functions in a holistic manner including helpdesk support, system connectivity, and operational support. Additional responsibilities include coordinating communications regarding best practices in the use of our supported systems and researching new technology. At BTS, there are opportunities associated with being a part of an established and empowering corporation while maintaining a positive personal working environment. Additionally, we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including a casual dress code. BTS is constantly growing and expanding to meet the changing demands of one of the most successful insurance organizations in the world. Visit us at berkley-bts.com to learn more information.
This position will be providing overall requirements gathering, design, development and support of one or more company applications for the various subsidiaries of the corporation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of all functional and technical aspects of a system.
- Can produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction.
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes. (can understanding business processes go to the developer/analyst)
- Routinely proposes improvements to a system to improve supportability or usability.
- Can perform adequate peer review on any changes in the system.
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology.
- Demonstrates solid development processes including code review, documentation, and unit testing.
- May provide rotating on-call support of production systems.
- Ensure high-performing and scalable solutions by proactively monitoring and assessing various performance metrics both pre and post-implementation.
- Provide end user mentoring and training in 1-1 and small group settings.
- Partner with the various subsidiaries to create a vision for future advancement of our applications.
- Travel for this position is approximately 5-10%.
- 5 – 10 yrs - reasonable single system / single technology knowledge.
- Must have demonstrated the capability of meeting the key accountabilities, or have the ability to learn/perform them.
- Software Development Life Cycle experience.
- Ability to thrive and produce results with little or no supervision in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact seamlessly at all levels with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Strong customer service focus and sense of urgency.
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies and systems.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in related field or equivalent experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.