The Business Analytics and Software Engineering Team exists within the Worldwide Ops ACES Organization to directly support the next generation of processes and technology through the development of robust data sets, operator tools, and mobile applications. As such, you will work directly with subject matter experts across Worldwide Operations, Amazon Robotics, Finance, and our Industrial Engineering Teams.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will use leading edge technologies such as ElasticSearch/Kibana, React, AWS, Kinesis, and Lambda to implement services and web applications that transform Amazon big data into meaningful information through the application of advanced business logic and applied statistics. In addition, you will also be responsible for the front end development of user interfaces and operator tools that enable the utilization of this transformed data in an active production environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years of experience in a software development role, working in object-oriented programming languages, is required.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language.
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
· Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
· 7+ years of experience in a software development role, working in object-oriented programming languages, is required.
· Experience with object-oriented analysis and design.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Experience building scalable, low-latency services within a distributed system.
· Experience with advanced statistical analysis and problem solving.
· Experience collecting software product requirements, describe software product features, and creating technical designs.
Job ID: 608482 |