Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, is seeking highly motivated and skilled Software Engineers to join its Wolfram|Alpha Web R&D department to help maintain and expand Wolfram|Alpha and its related sites, products and services.
In this position, you will work closely with project managers, designers and user experience to develop new functionality for the Wolfram|Alpha site and its supporting web presence.
You will also work with Wolfram’s web systems engineers and other software departments to expand on the Wolfram|Alpha API and its supporting web services.
- Implementing, debugging and troubleshooting web services (Java and Mathematica)
- Configuring, debugging and troubleshooting web server technologies such as Apache Tomcat and Apache
- Interacting and working with databasetechnologies (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB and InfluxDB)
- Working closely with supporting teams and communicating with efficiency and accuracy
- Familiar with creating and consuming REST web services
- Good working knowledge of Java
- Working experience with Git
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with the following Java frameworks: Java servlets, Scala and Spring
- Experience with the following build tools: Gradle, Ant and Grunt
- Experience with Mathematica
- Experience working in an Agile development flow