Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detail-oriented individual for our Software Engineer position with an emphasis in Windows Applications. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply new computer technology to help solve our world’s energy challenges, then this may be the position for you!
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
- Participate in writing software requirement specifications.
- Participate in project planning and estimation.
- Create and implement software designs.
- Participate in software verification and validation processes (including code reviews, automated unit testing, functional testing).
- Develop knowledge of SEL products and technology.
- Follow and improve SEL engineering processes.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge and experience in object oriented languages (C++, C#, Delphi, Java).
- Strong understanding of OO principles and concepts.
- Knowledge and experience developing on current Windows operating systems.
- Proficiency in developing using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and commitment to quality.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL.
- Negative drug test result(s).
- Ability to adhere to SEL's tobacco free workplace policy.
- Knowledge of OO design and architectural patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile development principles and processes.
- Knowledge of relational database principles and concepts.
- Experience with revision control systems (Git, Mercurial).
- Experience with automated unit testing (MSTest, NUnit, JUnit).
- Experience with functional testing principles and methodologies.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.