As a Software Engineer -- Front End at Williams-Sonoma you will support eCommerce production operations on the Production Engineering team as a front-end software engineer who solves problems at root cause. You already enjoy solving problems with code, which is why you're a balanced engineer, at home both in application code written by others, as well as designing your own app from scratch. Your documentation and communication skills are above par and you have prior experience working in a production support capacity as a front-end, full-stack, Site Reliability Engineer, or DevOps Engineer.
Your primary focus will be on the resilience, operability, stability, and scalability of the Williams-Sonoma family of brands' eCommerce websites and to ensure that the websites maintain optimal availability for our users. You will collaborate with a full-stack team of peers to correct and enhance code already in production, as well to deliver features, and facilitate more efficient software business process.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements / Qualifications:
* B.S. degree in CS or 2+ years of front-end application development experience in a professional setting
* Exceptional troubleshooting skills
* Experience with Production-level CI/CD pipelines (Rundeck, Jenkins)
* Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* 2yrs experience delivering production applications
* Prior full stack development and/or DevOps experience
* Self-motivated and collaborative
* E-commerce industry experience is a plus
* A collaborative, diverse, and open-minded atmosphere
* Insurance: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life
* Free shuttle from BART and CalTrain
* Free showers for outdoor runners
* 40% employee discount at all WSI Brands
* Generous accrued vacation and sick leave policy
* 4 floating holidays per year
* Competitive maternity/paternity policy
* 401k with competitive match.