WideOrbit is the technology platform for media companies to connect audiences and ads, everywhere. Its mission is to simplify media buying and selling by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation for both sides of media transactions. Starting with its core traffic management solution, WideOrbit centralizes operations and streamlines workflows for radio, cable, and television companies. The company continues to introduce new benefits to the media industry, including a programmatic media exchange for increasing demand for advertising inventory and improving campaign efficiency. WideOrbit is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide. Customers include NBCUniversal, Tribune Media, Entercom Communications, Raycom Media, TEGNA, AMC Networks and many other top media companies around the world.
We’re looking for a Java Engineer that loves working directly with clients. You will focus on the technology of our product WO Digital Hub working cross-functionally with several teams to help with designing features, integrations, and QA. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the ad tech industry and join a small team where you will have a high impact directly on the product and clients.
WO Digital Hub is the longest established provider of automated inventory, order and billing management software designed originally for online advertising. WO Digital Hub helps media industry leaders better monetize their inventory and increase ad revenue through increased operational efficiency and powerful technology. Our WO Digital Hub product is the most powerful software solution on the market for workflow automation, contract, and financial management.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Working in a small team designing, developing state-of-the-art features for WO Digital Hub
- Work directly with Clients and WO Implementation teams to design system integrations to maximize the benefits of WO Digital Hub
- Work with Product Management, QA, and Documentation teams to deliver software releases of highest quality
- Able to travel to client locations throughout the US as well as travel twice a year to Paris, France
- Work in the advertising media industry on our digital solution
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in overall software development with 3+ years in Java and JSF
- Strong knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, Junit, SQL
- Strong experience of integration with other systems using SOAP, REST and HTTP protocols (XML and/or JSON)
- Knowledge of Primefaces, Sybase or Selenium is highly preferred
- Good algorithmic skills and experience applying design patterns to both new and existing code.
- Experience working with clients in design, development, testing, and integration
- Willingness to thoroughly unit test and debug complex code that you, or others, may write
- Tackles problems and takes independent action. Seeks out new responsibilities acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development
- The ability to think logically and understand situations or problems by organizing or synthesizing information in a systematic way. It includes proactively anticipating and identifying problems before they emerge, looking beyond symptoms to identify root causes, and developing alternative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to provide superb customer service and effectively resolved issues