The Software Development Engineer (Java) is part of a small development team responsible for developing and supporting core Java applications.
- Produce program requirements, specifications and design documents. Develop code.
- Develop and enhance product offerings in accordance with design and consistent with client objectives.
- Perform systems programming tasks.
- Ensure that development tasks are completed within timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects.
- Produce and execute program unit test plans.
- Ensure all work produced is conducted in accordance with the published development methodology.
- Under guidance of Team Leader, ensure that solutions being developed are effective and take into consideration performance implications for a production environment. Modify programs as necessary.
- Conduct code and design reviews for development initiatives.
- Identify problems of deficiencies in products or the quality management system.
Teamwork and communication
- Maintain awareness to personal and team health and safety issues, ensuring all OSH procedures are followed.
- When needed, support other team members by helping with their work activities to ensure agreed time lines are met.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Contribute positively to the work and welfare of the team.
- Attend necessary internal/client meetings to build good working relationships.
- Assist with training and induction of new staff as required.
- Personal and professional development
- Actively increase knowledge of IFCS and Java applications.
- Adhere to all administration requirements e.g. timesheet input, within timelines given.
- Take ownership for own career development and participate fully in formal appraisals and review processes.
- Perform such other duties as reasonably directed by anagement
Education & Experience
- Bachelors/Master’s degree (preferably Computer Science or Information Systems) or software development/programming certifications, is highly desirable.
- 3+ years of Java software development experience using J2EE, JEE, JSF, JBoss, XML. JDBC, SQL, Jasper Reports, Swing
- Experience using Version Control (Subversion) and bug tracking systems
- Oracle 11G or other relational databases experience