WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our engineering team is focused on empowering Sales & Commerce channels, to optimize operational efficiencies in the Sales cycle. We are a critical component to increasing the Sales funnel and membership occupancy, and driving WeWork’s comeback trajectory forward in a post-covid world!
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale to a dominant global presence.
- Act as a systems designer, leading designs of major software components, systems, and features owned by the team.
- Represent a squad and be a go-to person for a large area of technical expertise.
- Set and drive OKRs, and drive sprints for a squad given strategic or functional direction.
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools and frameworks and methods to facilitate in effectively meeting the team sprint objectives and the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Drive feature development end-to-end and deliver large projects at quarterly level.
- Drive POC activities, initiation of new frameworks or services while taking hands-on role in execution.
- Active partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers.
- Regularly give actionable feedback to team members, peers, and mentees.
- Have indirect influence beyond functional boundaries, such as with product on technical feasibility and roadmap, or with test engineering on tooling and execution needs.
- Align correlated systems across squads on common API patterns, practices, or other instrumentation.
- Motivate and mentor engineers on the squad to join or focus on a set of initiatives.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience building scalable, performant, highly available critical systems.
- Demonstrated architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Record of pragmatically leading teams to deliver well-tested, maintainable, well-monitored code in a timely manner that is responsive to rapidly changing requirements and business needs
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across Design, Data Science, Product, and business teams.
- Experience with relational databases (eg MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Growth mindset that embraces working with both new and legacy systems in familiar and unfamiliar technologies. Experience in at least one of our frequently used languages (Java with Spring Boot, Kotlin, Go, Ruby on Rails) is helpful.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.