WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our engineering team is focused on empowering Sales & Commerce channels, to optimize operational efficiencies in the Sales cycle. We are a critical component to increasing the Sales funnel and membership occupancy, and driving WeWork’s comeback trajectory forward in a post-covid world!
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale to a dominant global presence.
Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Drive feature development end-to-end and deliver features at a multi-sprint level.
- Defines the best implementation method and related effort to answer a given problem.
- Identifies and drives code improvements, including technical debt, and advocates for a solid technical approach.
- Serves as an example of quality code and design and pushes for better processes around how the team operates.
- Mentors others and proactively identifies opportunities to improve the intra-team capability.
- Active partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers.
- Formal / assigned mentor to more junior engineers.
- Regularly give actionable feedback to team members, peers, and mentees.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience building scalable, performant, highly available critical systems.
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across Design, Data Science, Product, and business teams.
- Experience with relational databases (eg MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Growth mindset that embraces working with both new and legacy systems in familiar and unfamiliar technologies. Experience in at least one of our frequently used languages (Java with Spring Boot, Kotlin, Go, Ruby on Rails) is helpful.