The candidate for this position should have a solid understanding of software development and architecture specifically for web-based applications. The candidate will be responsible for supporting and developing web applications, collect and analyze requirements, and carry out tasks through the full development lifecycle. This position requires the candidate be able to construct solution designs, document technical design specifications, communicate effectively, and provide training to end users. The candidate should have solid experience with developing high through-put web applications and content management systems. The Software Engineer will report to the Application Manager.
1. Have the ability to efficiently and accurately develop application systems across the full software lift-cycle, including concept development, requirements specification, technical design, coding, testing, documentation, training and support.
2. Work with the Application Manager and business stakeholders to define requirements, functional and technical design for new and existing applications.
3. Maintain knowledge of standard programming practices, concepts and coding methods.
4. Ability to quickly write code that is secure, reliable and produces accurate results.
5. Conduct quality assurance testing on all new and supporting applications.
6. Analyze existing program logic and design changes that meet changing business needs.
7. Work closely with a team of designers and developers.
8. Ability to design, contribute and construct logical solutions.
9. Collect, organize and analyze project requirements.
10. Enjoy working with new technology and quickly learn new concepts.
11. Communicate effectively, clarify business requirements, and train end users.
12. Follow internal documentation standards and change management procedures.
13. Be able to work with minimal supervision.
14. Willingness and ability to provide after-hours support as needed.
15. Ability to work under tight deadlines and to respond to changing business needs and requirements.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field
2. 3+ years software web development experience and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) methodologies
4. Experience with object-oriented programming, secure programming principles using programming languages such as Java, C#.NET, ColdFusion, SQL/T-SQL
5. Strong understanding of website UI, cross-browser compatibility and website coding structure and compliance
6. Experience with responsive/adaptive website design using website framework libraries such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Foundation
7. Experience with relational databases SQL Server and MySQL
8. Experience with web servers on both Windows and Linux system environments a plus
9. Development experience and knowledge of Content Management Systems and template driven designs
10. Familiar using tools such as Subversion, Bitbucket, Git and Jenkins
11. Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and associated technologies a plus
12. Knowledge in analytics, user interface design and usability (UX), SEO best practices