Due to continuous growth, we are adding new Engineer/Developer position.
- We will not be able to provide sponsorship (i.e. H1B Visa) now or in the future.
We are looking for experienced Mid to Senior level Developers to join our team in Machesney Park, IL.
Our Culture and Team Environment:
We thrive on our unique team environment that blends an open concept and collaboration that fosters strong communication and creativity. As a PVM team member, you will be part of an innovative, knowledgeable and energetic group. We work with Agile methodologies, with daily stand-up meetings to commit to the day’s work, frequent interaction with cross-functional team members, and regular communication with various leaders throughout the organization.
So many awesome extras:
- Positive and fun work environment
- We believe in work/life balance
- We're informal and casual whenever possible - shorts and flip flops are OK most days
- Free-lunch Wednesdays
- Coffee bar onsite staffed by a barista
- TGIF happy hours
- Flex schedules
- And More!
What you’ll be doing:
- During two week Agile Sprints, you’ll spend the majority of your time developing new tools and features for our Practice Management Software.
- Of course, some of your time will also be dedicated to maintaining, troubleshooting, and debugging legacy code and products.
- In collaboration with other team leads and senior developers, you’ll implement best practices, identify and sponsor improvements to standards, and advise each other and leadership on challenges within and direction of the development teams and the software applications.
- Develop a mastery of table structure/relationships to support the development and maintenance of SQL queries and stored procedures.
The technologies you could be using:
- Scrum and other Agile Development Methodology
- Microsoft shop
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
A strong candidate will have:
- Experience as a developer (web based)
- Experience with ASP.NET and C#
- Working in a SQL Server environment
- Experience in a T-SQL Server 2005/2008 environment
- Proven experience working with EDI, database development, and object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
An IDEAL candidate will also have:
- Experience with healthcare EDI
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- MCSD, MCAD, or MCPD Certification
How we work together:
Every team member at Practice Velocity exhibits our core values:
- Team Player
- Positive Energy
- Continuous Improvement
- Clients Win