This position is part of a rewrite/refresh/support of one of our existing public records applications used by thousands of people daily. The on-going full-stack development will be adding new features to this application, maintaining existing functionality and troubleshooting customer reported issues.
Technical Skills you will need:
PERL / LAMP Application Development
Relation Database Systems (MySQL, Sybase)
UNIX / Linux Operating System
Apache Web Servers
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with XML, XSLT, Ajax, Web Services, Cross-Browser Compatibility and Version Control systems (Git or SVN)
- Experience with page templating systems, session data storage, caching, and inter-process communication.
- Experience developing large-scale web applications.
- Understanding of professional software development processes. Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and experience.
- Candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
- 1 + years' experience in full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
- Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate web application and determine project scope and limitations
- Adding new functionality to an existing enterprise level application while not impacting any existing functionality.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand moderately complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Complete bug fixes.