Software Engineer - Web Applications
Are you looking for a new opportunity to support and drive industry-leading software development? Are you excited to work with a small, creative team? Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team, and that could be you!
- Participate in the design, implementation, and test of firmware/software systems.
- Understand hardware and software interactions, and collaborate with Hardware Engineers.
- Prepare and maintain designs and test documentation.
- Mentor Associate Engineers and Technicians.
- Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Typically 2+ years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Web Development:
- Web Services: REST API, AJAX, JSON, XML, WebSocket and JQuery
- Server Technology: MonogoDB, Node.js and Google Dart
- Graphical User Interface applications in Windows environments including:
- Object oriented design
- Object oriented languages (C++, C#, Delphi, Java)
- Embedded Linux systems development including:
- C, C++, Python
- Other scripting languages
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Industrial controls
- 3-phase electric power systems
- Modern communications protocols
- Digital and analog circuitry
- Digital communications and signal processing
- Project management
This position is located at SEL’s Chattanooga, TN office. Chattanooga offers access to a wide variety of amenities, including ample outdoor activities, concerts, community events, and shopping options.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.