Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is looking for a Software Engineer to join an established company in Montgomery, AL. The Software Engineer will collaborate with the cross functional Agile team to analyze user requirements and determine operational feasibility of IT projects, both for new functionality and proposed enhancements to existing software.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software applications.
- Supports and or/installs software applications.
- Participates in the software development process; including analysis, test review, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Collaborates with the cross functional Agile team to analyze user requirements and determine operational feasibility of IT projects, both for new functionality and proposed enhancements to existing software.
- Leverages problem solving and analysis to develop, implement, provide maintenance support for, and optimize performance of, new and existing software solutions.
- Must be able to read and follow business requirements documentation and technical specifications.
- Analyzes and resolves end user issues experienced in existing software applications.
- Collaborates with the Information Security Officer regarding the most beneficial approach to implementing software development security standards.
- Protects Civil Air Patrol operations and information through use of secure application development practices.
- Develops database schemas as necessary for new application development; optimizes existing schemas to support enhanced performance.
- Analyzes and develops solutions to address end-user and management reporting requirements.
- Coordinates with 3rd party software vendors for support when needed.
- Provides periodic training on web applications developed by IT and software determined necessary.
- Provides 24/7 support, with one-week on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education is required.
- Must have 3+ years prior experience in programming or a related field.
- General knowledge of business processes is required.
- Microsoft Certification is preferred.