Job ID 561078BR
The Software Engineer within WDAT is expected to be independently innovative, deliberately collaborative who can take high level ideas and concepts to quickly develop working models and prescriptions. In addition, the Software Engineer would be expected to quickly learn and be an expert in unfamiliar technology areas. The position will have a strong focus on mobile and digital technologies operating on a fast paced “Startup” like environment taking current business and technology problems to build innovative solutions. Primary responsibilities include hands-on coding and testing for large-scale, complex initiatives including but not limited to, advanced and emerging payments.
- Primary responsibility will be to perform hands-on code development and testing for large-scale, complex initiatives across the programming stack
- Propose Open source for efficient in-house development and improve speed to market
- Ability to quickly prototype and prototype in any technology to a business or technology problem
- Proactively participates in technical design activities with the Architects and documents technical specifications
- Writes high quality code adhering to Walt Disney Attractions Technology coding standards, reference and data architecture guidelines
- Oversees the build process, low level design documentation, and conducts peer-to-peer code reviews for the project
- Conducts testing, debugging and troubleshooting for the entire application and components built.
- Ensures application code, development schedule, and implementation meet and/or exceed documented application scope/timeline
- Collaborates with technical and business teams to fully understand business requirements and creates clear, functional specifications outlining the client’s requirements
- Monitors progress and provides status of tasks and deliverables, and escalates risks and issues in a timely manner
- Contributes and strives to improve overall software delivery quality
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and become a quick expert in a variety of technology areas
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across various applications and analyze and optimize application code for efficiency, reliability and performance.
- 2-5 years of progressively related experience in coding and development of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, internal/external web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems; using Java/J2EE technology stack including various widely used open-source frameworks and libraries - Angular, Node, React, Spring Framework
- Hands-on ability to build quick prototype/visuals to assist with high level product concepts and capabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts, design patterns, best practices for coding etc.
- Experience with web services and Open API development and design patterns (SOA, REST, Object Oriented, Java)
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools e.g. Maven, Jenkins
- Willingness to “think-outside-of-the-box” to resolve project / process ailments
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum and test driven approach
- Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with business partners, managers and architects
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Demonstrated strong partnering and coaching skills
- Hands on experience in technologies including Angular/Node/React, Java/J2EE, No-SQL, Graph databases and Mobile development platforms
- Experience in financial services and/or payment processing industry
- Strong understanding of cryptography, certificates and security solutions including OAuth, Mutual Auth, Transport and Message level security is a plus
- AngularJS and/or Node.js development experience
- Knowledge/Exposure to AI/Machine learning technology concepts.
- Technology Certification e.g. Spring, AWS, iOS Developer
- Process Certification e.g. Scrum Master Certification
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience