Job ID 562683BR
The Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate complexity. The Software Engineer focuses on coding at the component level and works under minimal supervision. The Software Engineer designs and develops highly scalable software systems and applications in a designated functional focus area(s).
- Focuses on coding at the component level.
- Executes assigned component level software development and fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Participates in developing specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
- Writes code, completes programming, writes tests, performs testing and debugs code.
- Follows established protocols for installation and maintenance, and completes documentation.
- Develops, manages, creates and maintains the technical components related to server-side and web service-based solutions.
- Develops an understanding of the front-end technology stack and is able to assist with end to end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned components g level projects using new or existing technologies
- Develops specifications for assigned projects.
- Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing.
- Participates in conceiving and setting the architectural direction for web development projects.
- Two to five years of progressively related experience in coding and development of highly scalable, high-volume software components, and/or client-facing web applications.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles, design patterns, coding best practices, database applications, and mobile applications platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, etc.)
Knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- CS Fundamentals
- Development Tools
- XML DTDs
- JSON Messaging
- Database Design
- HTTP Protocol
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Ruby, Python, PHP, JSP, ASP or other scripting languages
- Flash and other interactive technologies
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.