Job ID 563823BR
Location Celebration, Florida, United States
Business Disney Parks & Resorts
Brand Disney Parks & Resorts
Date postedJun. 15, 2018
The Automation Engineer conceives, designs, develops, tests, and implements workflows and software services to reduce repetitive manual work. Using multiple technologies and platforms, solutions are implemented to orchestrate moderate to high complexity technical outcomes. The Automation Engineer applies practical knowledge of Cloud and virtualization technologies, as well as workflow and service management platforms to execute projects that focus on streamlining the delivery of outcomes.
- Deliver automation projects where a project comprises multiple components; including workflow and service development
- Manage project deliverables and reporting of progress as required by leadership.
- Develop innovative software and workflow solutions that meet or exceed current manual practices.
- Reviews and writes code in one or more of the following (Java, Node, Ruby)
- Self manages programming, testing, and debugging of project components.
- Creates procedures, documentation and tools for the installation and maintenance of delivered solutions.
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains the technical components and templates related to the UI for services
- Strong understanding of the front-end technology stack (ServiceNow / Angular); able to code against front-end and lead end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical team members and groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned component level projects using new or existing technologies.
- Creates the component tasks / Stories of assigned projects, developing specifications for each in VersionOne.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- The ability to to design, build, document implement and support software and workflow based projects with some direct supervision.
- Others within the Service Optimization & Engineering Team
- IT SMEs (based on the workflow or Service being developed)
- Change and Release Management Teams
- BA or Product Owner
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing in more than one of the following: Angular, JAVA script, Workflow automation (ServiceNow, MicroFocus Operations Orchestration)
- Two or more years of project experience in an IT organization.
- Strong knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- CS Fundamentals
- Development Tools – (IDE’s, Testing Tools, Version Control, Etc)
- HTML 5 / CSS3
- Experience with Angular 1.5 / 5.0
- SQL (SQL Server, Oracle, and/or MySQL)
- XML DTDs
- JSON Messaging
- HTTP Protocol
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Technology experience in the hospitality/travel industry.
- Scrum Master Certification
- Ruby, Node.js, Python, PHP, JSP, ASP or other scriptinglanguages
- Database Design - Relational
- Certification in ITSM or Lean Six Sigma
- ServiceNow Development Experience & Relevant Certification
- Linux or Windows scriptingexperience.
- Experience with Chef or HP-OO (Operation Orchestration)
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure and Application Deployment in the Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Masters in Computer Science or related engineering
About Disney Parks & Resorts:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world’s leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world’s most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.