We are looking for a Software Engineer who can handle a fast, scalable, problem solving software environment. You will be solving problems of scale and flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined. Your scope extends from the high-performance data layer to complex business layer. This position requires the mental agility to jump from the deep code-level view to big picture view and back into code view.
You will design and develop systems that let our customers run millions of transactions daily. The design decisions and judgment calls you make will impact millions of indirect customers in North American and US territories.
The Software Engineer is responsible for planning, processing and performing all assigned tasks in an efficient manner.
The Engineer is also responsible for performing programming tasks pertaining to the creation, enhancement, and maintenance of AAMVA applications. The Software Engineer is also responsible for production support of AAMVA Central site applications.
No direct reports.
Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences from an accredited college. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
Must have skills:
· 5+ years of experience in writing software, programs in .Net or JAVA environment.
· Very strong in C# including solid knowledge of .Net features such Exceptions, Memory management, Reflection, and LINQ, elasticsearch.
· Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
· Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
· Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
· Broad experience working with a wide range of managers, developers
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within the team
· 1+ years of development experience building integration solutions using web services built with WCF, WSDL, SOAP or REST.
· Some working knowledge and experience of Entity Framework or nHibernate
· Must have working experience with features in .Net 4.0 such as LINQ.
· Working knowledge of OOD, design patterns.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Valid through: 9/4/2020