The Digital Ecosystem Solutions group is seeking a Embedded Software Engineer to help develop and maintain firmware for our data center infrastructure connectivity solutions. Work will include maintenance and sustaining of existing firmware platforms and development of new platforms. A successful candidate could be skilled in any of several areas of expertise: C++ development, embedded application development, Linux OS development, networking and connectivity protocols, scalable distributed data management, or modern IOT design.
- Collaborate with other engineering groups, team leads, and product management to design, document, develop, and maintain embedded software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Design, build, test, and release software modules or systems for new platforms or applications.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and debug embedded software components and systems.
- Modify, extend, and improve existing embedded software to meet new requirements.
- Create documentation, specifications, and requirements for embedded software projects.
- Review code, documents, test cases, and defect reports to provide feedback to peers.
- Report activities, project status, and plans to lead developers and management.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Previous working experience of 3-5 years as a software engineer is required.
- Strong C++ knowledge:
- Python and shell scripting knowledge preferred
- Linux OS/driver development expertise, embedded applications knowledge preferred
- Internet applications protocol knowledge preferred