WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a Software Engineer to bring a wide range of professional expertise and knowledge to our global Product Development team as we create the very best wedding experience for couples, their guests and vendors--our small business customers. Over 11 years, we have experienced rapid growth to over 950 employees around the world while maintaining a creative startup culture. You will be challenged with managing innovative solutions and you will be empowered with the autonomy and opportunity to impact change within the $250 billion international wedding marketplace. Join us on our journey as we continue our global expansion among 15 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
The apps you will be working on introduce vendors to a variety of tools that help them manage their clients. These tools are still in rapid development and you will have a hand in creating tools that are still in the planning phase to improving tools that are already there.
We have ambitious, experiment-driven milestones but we also have a commitment to quality and agility. New code at all levels of the stack is expected to be extensible, high performing, scalable, and secure. What you build will make the vendor portal more enjoyable and less stressful for all of our vendors.
- Facilitate high quality, scalable product deployment through requirements, architectural designs, user stories, and other artifacts.
- Collaborate in an Agile development process to help conceive, make, and deliver new products and features. You should have an opinion on how to delight our users, and enjoy collaborating closely with engineering, product, and design.
- Be an advocate for quality and curious about technology. You should like exploring new ideas and sharing what you know about everything from architecture to process.
- Implement solutions quickly and efficiently with guidance from the more senior developers on the team
- Execute strategy surrounding code deployments and utilize the development and release process already implemented on our teams
- Maintain a friendly, healthy, happy and emotionally safe work environment
SUCCESSFUL SOFTWARE ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable, and highly visible web applications
- Full-stack knowledge in at least one interpreted web-friendly scripting language (PHP, Ruby, Perl, Python, Elixir, etc.). Experience in one or more of the following technologies a bonus: Symfony, Ruby on Rails, React/Redux/ES6/Webpack, PHP, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Chef, NGINX.
- A passion for coding, design and automation, technical expertise, and knowledge to effectively hide internal complexity behind elegant and simple interfaces.
- A track record of delivering creative solutions to complex architectural problems.
- An ability to explain problems to technical and non-technical folks alike. A love for sharing knowledge and a desire to learn from others.
- The drive to build things, ship early and often, initial comfort with less than perfect, a willingness to say “no” when needed, build to throw away, and clarity with anything you create because you know the next thing's going to be even better.
- A passion for self-improvement. You constantly strive to expand your technical skill set and to improve the quality of your code.
- Excited by the fast pace and you thrive in variety.
- Able to prioritize tasks by urgency and importance.
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of management.
- Always asking "what if?" and then like to use your resources to find the answers.
- Self-confident, respectful of self and others, and energetic.