Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Software Engineer - in Raleigh, NC ; Eagan, MN; St. Louis, MO; San Francisco, CA; Wilkes-Barre, PA .
- Under general direction, conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development and utilization of electronic data processing systems software.
- Determine computer user needs; advise hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed and input/output requirements; design and develop compilers and assemblers, utility programs and operating systems.
- Design, develop and provide customization of various applications to meet a series of pre-defined requirements to be met through the use of various programming languages and possibly machine and assembly languages.
- Perform all functional duties independently.
- Work on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering,Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in software development and/or related field.
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program.
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Experience in training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with designing, developing, implementing and utilizing information systems.
- Strong experience collaborating with equipment designers and hardware engineers to optimize the interaction of system and application software with the hardware platform on which it executes.
- Considerable experience developing compilers and assemblers, utility programs and operating systems.
- Strong experience collaborating with end users to define new system requirements.
- Extensive experience with one or more application software languages (e.g. Java, C#, etc.) and/or one or more machine/assembly languages.
- Experience providing customization of software applications to meet pre-defined requirements through the use of application programming languages and/or machine/assembly languages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- In support of business efforts, travel might be required.
This position requires United States Citizenship, or a valid Green Card/ have lived in the US for the past 5 years and eligibility to apply for/obtain a Postal Clearance.
Perspecta is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
EEO Tagline: Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories