With access to more than 250 venues, Vela provides global coverage across all major asset classes. Clients are supported by an award-winning team of technical and business experts available 24x7 from our multiple offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. Vela’s clients include traders, market makers, brokers, banks, investment firms, exchanges, and other market participants.
Vela is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Recruitment is currently taking place for roles in our Market Data Distribution (MDRC, MMDRC) Market Data Capture (Market Data Feed Handler) and Trading Connectivity (Market Access Gateways) teams.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new development, feature additions, maintenance and support of a number of key components of our various product suites.
- Our software is developed primarily in C/C++ on the Unix platform
- Within your team you will contribute to product delivery and end to end software development
- The role will involve interaction with multiple stakeholders spanning Software Development, Testing and Client Support teams
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, installation and support working in an Agile environment
- Proactively manage own tasks and projects to agreed deadlines
- Adopt and provide feedback on best practices across development teams in conjunction with Senior Engineers. For example, coding standards, tool usage and design.
- Collaborate with team members to identify innovative ways to improve practices and procedures
- Strong client focus, with an emphasis on issue resolution in line with service- level agreements
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience in the software development lifecycle from design, implementation (C, C++), through testing and integration
- Understands the implications of code changes and feature enhancements
- Capable of concisely communicating designs, code and applications to a client-facing standard
- Experience in adopting and providing feedback on new processes/technologies within teams
- Contribute to technical aspects of project delivery, planning and risk management
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Degree (Min 2.1) in Computer Science, Software or Electronic Engineering or other related discipline; or a proven track record of practical software development experience in a similar environment
- Development on a UNIX platform (Linux or Solaris) in a continuous integration environment
- Capital Market and/or Financial Services knowledge (Trading, Market Data)
- Knowledge of Code Analysis / Hygiene concepts and tools (Coverity, Valgrind, Jenkins)
- Experience with developing multi-threaded applications
- Familiarity with other languages such as Java and Python a plus
- Experience with products such as Refinitiv, Reuters or Bloomberg a plus