Duties & Responsibilities
Join us in developing high profile tools that enable world-class Harvard researchers to bring cutting-edge scientific discoveries to patient care!
Harvard Catalyst | The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center at Harvard Medical School has assembled a team that creates and maintains tools and websites used by clinical and translational researchers to obtain services and information offered by Harvard Catalyst. Our transaction-based workflow systems require sophisticated yet simple interfaces to ensure researchers can quickly and efficiently accomplish their tasks.
If you join our team, you will:
• Create and maintain sophisticated and highly visible web applications
• Work with smart and creative people
• Solve interesting software engineering and computer science problems
• Use industry-leading technologies
We are looking for a full stack Software Engineer who is familiar with Agile software engineering practices and tools, is passionate for development and delivery of quality software, and is capable and enthusiastic about working with product owners, engineers, and testers. The Software Engineer has the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with technical leadership to manifest evolving requirements into a working suite of applications
• Implement RESTful web services using Java, Spring, and Hibernate
• Develop appropriate unit tests, and adhere to coding standards and best practices established by technical leadership
BA/BS in computer science. The candidate will have 2 years of experience in software development.
M.S. in computer science or related field is preferred. Ideal candidates will have professional experience with end-to-end development (front-end, RESTful web services, database design). Experience working with Agile methodologies (continuous integration, unit testing, SCRUM) is highly desirable. Experience with React, Redux, Hibernate, and Spring is highly desirable. Experience with similar front end technologies like AngularJS and extJS is also valuable. Candidates should be comfortable collaborating with technical leadership, sponsors, and end-users. Prior experience in the development of biomedical informatics applications and scientific software is highly desirable.