# Who are we?
As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world's biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook, Dropbox, Complex, VICE and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
- Independently define and implement the next generation of UnitedMaster's products to help meet and exceed our business objectives
- Apply problem-solving skills to design and build efficient and reusable abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Identify and communicate best practices for software engineering
- Serve periodically as on-call engineer, responsible for triaging unexpected issues in production
- Experience with backend web technologies: Python, Ruby, Node.js, Java, PHP, or others
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related fields NOT required