Summary / Description
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Software Engineers interested in joining our team in the Washington, DC metro area and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will deliver world class solutions to Unisys’ customer. You will apply software engineering methods and techniques to the design, development, evaluation, integration, qualification and/or support of complex software projects.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, and provides customization of various applications to meet a series of pre-defined requirements.
- Requirements will be met through the use of various programming languages and possibly machine and assembly languages.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
- Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products.
- Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Models and applies software engineering methods and techniques to the design, development, evaluation, integration, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools or technologies in one or more areas of expertise.
- Often assumes technical and project leadership roles.
- May function as a consultant or researcher.
- May manage schedule, quality and technical solution on assigned projects in coordination with project leadership.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Minimum ability to obtain public trust clearance, Secret or higher clearance a plus
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8years of relevant experience
Relevant certifications a plus
Must have demonstrated capability for oral and written communications
Expert level skill in one or more popular software languages
Knowledge and experience with software and system engineering lifecycle and tools including requirements development, requirements management, and software sustainment.
Knowledge of system and software architecture frameworks