Tyler Technologies is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Incode public safety product development team. The engineer will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of mission critical software applications used by 911 dispatchers and police officers. Our ideal candidate will have a depth of knowledge and skills in software design and development using a variety of technologies (C#, .NET framework, VB6.0, Angular, SQL Server). The engineer will have opportunity to work in highly collaborative teams that follow Agile practices, and bring new ideas and creative thinking to our team.
Incode® public safety provides a full offering of integrated suites designed for public safety and law enforcement offices. It includes an integrated Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, and mobile solution to improve response time, provide critical public safety data to keep communities and police officers safe, while also easing the administrative functions of reporting, case management, and criminal investigation.
- Be involved through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and support
- Maintain existing code and develop new applications within the product suite
- Follow the development practices of the public safety product teams, including test driven development
- Ensure on-going success of projects by designing high-quality technical solutions
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to solve complex technical problems
- Continually grow personal skillset and knowledge base with independent research
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in designing and programming applications
- 2+ years of object-oriented design experience
- 2+ years of software development experience using C#, VB, Angular and/or SQL Server
- Familiarity with the .NET framework, multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models
- Strong communication skills especially around technical team interaction
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly and proactively