This model-driven, technology-fueled approach to investing not only gives us a long-term advantage over old-school investors – it has also created a whole set of technical problems to solve that don’t always have an obvious solution.
This gives you the ongoing opportunity to build proprietary solutions and/or bring to bear the best open source options the market. We have created a robust infrastructure that empowers all of our engineers, and you will work within a collaborative work culture that ensures that a great idea can come from anywhere.
Problems at our level of complexity require you to possess a passion for learning as well as deep understanding across a wide array of technical competencies. We’ve attracted technologists who possess special capabilities in a wide variety of domains including data transformation and visualization, performance optimization, cloud computing, and distributed systems. While we face large-scale problems, we hire only the best to take them on. This enables us to keep your team size small and your individual impact significant.
While there is no set recipe for success at Two Sigma, we find that you will tend to have the following qualifications:
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- You have an understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- You have experience with Java (or other JVM languages), Python, C or C++.
- You have extraordinary programming skills.
- You have demonstrated experience in large-scale systems.