Do you consider yourself a software developer with a passion for working on products that make a difference? Are you hardworking and want to put your efforts into a product with global impact and lasting presence?
We consider ourselves to be passionate engineers who put our hearts and souls into our software suite for public safety, and it shows. Our products are installed at police, fire, and emergency medical services agencies around the globe, servicing the needs of over 250 million citizens in over 13 countries. TriTech’s been in business since 1993 but maintains an entrepreneurial and forward-thinking culture.
Interested? Here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 0-5 years experience as a software engineer – our team is growing, and we're hiring both experienced and entry-level engineers
- Excellent communication skills – you’re able to clearly explain complex issues
- You like using your brain and have pretty strong analytical and coding skills
- You have a troubleshooting mindset – you love solving problems and aren’t afraid to take ownership of them
- Team oriented and not afraid to ask for help – we’re an Agile/Scrum environment, so being a team player is crucial
- Able to commute or relocate to the San Diego office
What you will be working on:
- We have multiple open positions available to work on both our Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and GIS-Analytics platforms.
- There are a variety of opportunities if you are interested in either desktop (WPF) or web (Angular) application development.
- Our server software makes heavy use of C#, .NET. We know Microsoft technologies well.
- Databases are primarily SQL Server, and our cloud applications making heavy use of Elastic.
- Do you have experience with GIS software, or are you interested in developing those skills? We use ESRI technology extensively.
- Check out www.crimemapping.com. Just the tip of the iceberg of the incredible applications that we develop.
Bonus points for:
- Ability and desire to learn new skills - we have lots of different products in our offerings and love engineers that have more than just one skill set or interest
What we offer in return for all your great skills:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus program
- 401K with employer match
- 17 days starting PTO plus 10 holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Wellness program and an on-site fitness facility (at select locations)
- Employee discounts (movies, gym, and more)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual onsite flu shots (Employer Paid)
What’s exciting beyond that?
- We are the leaders in public safety software analytics and use cutting-edge mapping technology!
- Our development environment is well-structured, we pass the Joel Test with flying colors (12 for 12!): http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html
- Furthering learning and education – whether it’s taking classes at a local university or an in-house training session on SQL, TriTech is committed to expanding the brain power of their people.
- Mission driven culture – our responsibilities and commitments to our customers are top priority and everyone here rallies around our common goals.
- We stand behind our core values and hope that you find value in them too:
- Bold Vision – our commitment to always reaching and growing as individuals and as an organization.
- Ownership in Action – each employee feeling empowered to think creatively and act enthusiastically to solve problems and achieve.
- Honoring Commitments – Following through with our commitments to each other, and to our customers and being deliberate and thoughtful when making commitments.